Register for ENACT Day 2017
February 27, 2017
ENACT Nutrition and Physical Activity Day
Monday, May 1st 2017: 9 am - 4 pm
Location: St. John's Lutheran Church / 1701 L Street / Sacramento, CA 95811
Join us in Sacramento to support healthy food and physical activity environments in California and tell legislators that investing in health and safety now will benefit all Californians. ENACT Day is a free day of learning and advocacy in the state capital, where community members and advocates from across the state come together to:
- LEARN about how to advocate for legislation that supports healthy eating and physical activity
- NETWORK with community leaders and advocates
- MEET with your representatives
ENACT Day is a great opportunity for community members, grassroots organizers, and advocates to develop their policy advocacy skills. All you need to bring is your passion, and an optional donation to support the costs associated with the day or sponsor youth who otherwise would be unable to attend. Spanish interpretation, breakfast and lunch will be provided.
If you are unable to attend the event in person but would still like to participate, follow #ENACT2017 on social media or connect with our sponsors to learn about Virtual ENACT Day, where we will work with you to use your email, telephone and social media accounts to tell your story and get your message across. No matter where you are, we welcome you to join us!
A limited number of travel scholarships are available. Please apply here by April 2nd.
Wondering what ENACT Day will be like? Check out this STORIFY compilation of photos and tweets from participants in last year's event.
Ready to register? Click here. PLEASE NOTE: if you will be registering for more than one individual, please have the names, home addresses and email addresses (if applicable) of each individual attendee ready before registering your group.
ENACT Day Bill List
- SB 138 (McGuire): will improve access to nutritious school meals though paperless enrollment with Medi-Cal income data, and through expanded availability of universally free school meal programs. This bill is sponsored by California Food Policy Advocates.
- AB 214 (Weber): will address college student hunger by defining terms used in CalFresh program eligibility and clarifying the CalFresh Restaurant Meal Program on college campuses. This bill is co-sponsored by the CSU Student Association and others.
- SB 5 / AB 18 (De Leon/Garcia): will set a statewide parks bond initiative in motion through the California Drought, Water, Parks, Climate, Coastal Protection, and Outdoor Access For All Act of 2018.
- SB 760 (Weiner): would require complete streets that enable safe access for all users—including pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists and transit riders—on state highways funded through the State Highway Operations Protection Program. This bill is co-sponsored by Safe Routes to School and American Heart Association.
Please note that this list is subject to change.
ENACT Day Planning Group
ENACT Day is hosted collaboratively by: CA4Health, California Food Policy Advocates, California State University - Chico's Center for Healthy Communities, California Pan-Ethnic Health Network, Prevention Institute, Public Health Advocates, Public Health Institute, Safe Routes to School National Partnership, and others.