ADA National Network Learning Session: Using the California Power Safety Power Outages for Inclusive Emergency Planning
February 24, 2020
Using the California Power Safety Power Outages
for Inclusive Emergency Planning
Thursday, May 14, 2020
2:30 pm – 4:00 pm ET | 11:30 am – 1:00 pm PT
- Understand and recognize the specific barriers that people with disabilities and older adults experience during PSPS events.
- Learn about strategies on how to improve communication and coordination of services for individuals with disabilities and older adults.
- Learn where to go for resources when you or your community is impacted
- Christina Mills is the Executive Director of the California Foundation for Independent Living Centers. She has over 20 years of experience as a professional in the disability rights field and has been working closely with stakeholders to develop strategies for individuals with disability access and functional needs to maintain their independence and quality of life during diverse disasters. Her organizations has also been at the forefront of coordinating on the ground durable medical equipment and assistive technology support for those who have been displaced during a disaster.
- Ana Acton is the Executive Director of FREED Center for Independent Living Center. Ana has over 15 years' experience in providing direct services and leadership for independent living community-based services in California. FREED Center for Independent Living provides a wide range of services to people with disabilities living in Nevada, Yuba, Sutter, Colusa, and Sierra counties in California. As a non-profit Independent Living Resource Center, FREED's goal is to empower people with disabilities to exercise their civil rights in becoming active, productive members of our community.
To view upcoming sessions, go to http://adapresentations.org/scheduleEM.php