(Last Modified October 10, 2012)
Purpose of Policy. The Public Health Institute ("PHI," "us" or "we") is committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors and users of its Website, www.phi.org, (the "Site").
YOUR USE OF PHI'S SITE OR YOUR PROVISION TO US OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE PRIVACY TERMS CONTAINED HEREIN AND ANY SUBSEQUENT CHANGES WE MAY MAKE TO THESE TERMS.
Information Collection Practices
What Basic Information Does PHI Collect? In operating the Site, PHI may include registration, online surveys, polls and other online forms that ask users to provide their names, e-mail addresses,
and other contact information and preferences.
- What Additional Information Does PHI Collect?
Automatic Collection. Our servers automatically recognize visitors' domain names and IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet).
No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Site may also
gather anonymous "traffic data" that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful to improve the content offered through the Site.
Cookies. From time to time, we may use the standard "cookies" feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of
data on your computer about your visit to our Site. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data capture mechanisms on our website other than cookies.
Cookies help us learn which areas of our Site are useful and which areas need improvement. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser.
However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience of our Site may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
Use and Sharing of Information
- What Does PHI Do with Collected Information?
Personal Information. We will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, except as described in Section 3.1(a)(i)
provided below. We may use your personal information to verify your identity.
We may also use your contact information to inform you of any changes to the Site or to send you additional information.
- Disclosure of Personal Information. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on PHI or its subsidiaries or
affiliates, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of PHI or the users of the Site, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site.
- Anonymous Information. We use anonymous information to analyze our Site traffic, but we do not examine it for individually identifying information. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
- Sale of Information. We will not sell information collected through this Site to any third party. Please note that if PHI or substantially all of its assets are acquired, Site information may be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
- Access to Information. We do not maintain any procedures for you to review or request changes to the information that we collect about you, except that you may request that we remove your contact information from our database by contacting us in accordance with Section 6.1 below.
Security. The Site has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances to you or any third party about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse or alteration.
- Website Areas Beyond Our Control
Public Forums. The Site may include interactive forums such as comment areas. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- Third-Party Websites. The Site may contain links to other websites (including social media sites) controlled or maintained by third parties. If you choose to visit those websites, PHI is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
- Contact Information and Policy Updates
- Contacting Us. If you have any questions about this Policy, our practices related to this Site, or if you would like to have us remove your contact information from our database please contact us at: email@example.com.
- Updates and Changes. We reserve the right, at any time, to add to, change, update, or modify this Policy, simply by posting such change, update, or modification on the Site and without any other notice to you. Any such change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the Site. It is your responsibility to review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.